Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bella

Seven years ago in a land far away, a beautiful baby girl was born to an Air Force family in Italy. The mother of that family's loved ones tried and tried to get to their daughter and granddaughter but could find no way - so they patiently waited for a year to meet their very special granddaughter. Isabella Lou Nordell finally made her debut to our family a year later when they moved to Las Vegas. We loved every minute that they lived there.
When Heather was pregnant with Evie (that is who I am holding in this picture), Brandon was in Kuwait and Heather was very ill. So I flew out for several months and took care of Bella and Heather. We had a wonderful time. It is truly one of my happiest memories. (For those of you that don't know me around babies, my daughters call me 'a sleeping pill for babies'. Babies love to sleep on me because I am calm and 'fluffy'.)

I love my family. It is hard that the Nordells are so far away but Grandpa and I wish Bella a very Happy Birthday! (We tried to call several times - but as always, we were cut off mid-ring).

No comments: