Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sunday School lesson

I have been preparing for my Sunday School lesson for Sunday.  The title is "To this end was I born."  There is a wonderful video from seminary in the 90's that is suggested to be shown but as I was looking through the lesson, I found this quote from some supplemental material.  It has really made me ponder - in the temple and as I have gone through my activities today.  I put it out there for you to think about.

Heber J. Grant:  "There is but one path to safety for the Latter-day Saints, and that is the path of duty.  It is not a testimony, it is not a marvelous manifestation, it is not knowing that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true, that it is a the plan of salvation, it is not knowing that the Savior is the Redeemer and that Joseph Smith was His prophet - that will save you and me;  but it is the keeping of the commandments of God, living the life of a Latter-day Saint."

I have had a smile or two over this.  For some reason, Pirates of Penzance music has been running through my head.  The theme of that play is 'duty first'.  I will try harder to keep the commandments and do my duty.

No comments: