Thursday, July 2, 2015

Just Jammin' here!

My blood sugar has been on the high side ever since we got home.  I love bread and jam and this has been my biggest vice.  Whole grain bread only has 15 grams of carbs per slice but 1 teaspoon of most commercial jams is like 25-36 grams.  So Heidi and her kids helped me with 2 kinds of jam and Heather and everyone else helped with 1 more.  They are sugar free or low sugar.  One has a bit of granulated sugar (2/3 less than most freezer jam recipes) and one used sparkling apple juice for the sugar and the one we made today had honey and a Granny Smith Apple in it.  I can't decide which one I like best.  They all have multiple types of berries.  The one today was strawberry and blackberries, the 2 yesterday were raspberry, strawberry, blackberry and blueberry.  I think we have had a successful two days.

Tomorrow we are off to Sandy to celebrate our grandson, Dutch's, seventh birthday.  Should be fun to be with so much of the family again.

No comments: