Friday, October 18, 2013

Optimism

Late last week, one of the women in my sister's ward passed away.  Marianne, Sara and Dallin went to the funeral, yesterday.  This morning as I was eating breakfast, I found the program with a sweet poem written by the woman who passed.  I was so impressed that I wanted to share it.  It is called Optimism.

Optimism
by Ruth Harmon
 
Make optimism your own thing.
Sunny of cloudy, you still can sing.
You lose some races; some you win.
Showers or flowers can bring a grin.
Losing a coat may make you colder.
Losing your teeth means you're growing older.
Losing a dollar is not all bad.
When someone finds it, their really glad.
 
Some call a glass half empty.
While some would say half full.
It's the way you look at things
That makes days bright or dull.
Always look on the happy side.
Change a frown into a smile.
Life won't seem quite so hard
Whenever you face a trial.
 


No comments: