Tuesday, December 18, 2012

For Jesus

Two senior sister missionaries sent this to friend of ours.  I wanted to share it for my Christmas offering today.

Sister Deanna B. and Peggy R. are serving a CES (Church Education System) Mission in New Jersey.  Here is an email they sent:
"Had a humbling experience today.  My companion and I went to a little buffet in one of our big supermarkets for lunch.  An elderly gentleman came up to us and said he was paying for our lunch.

We protested but he insisted saying, "I see your signs (pointing to our name tags) sisters.  You don't wear the hats anymore but you are still proud to wear the signs.  This is my Christmas gift to you."

I explained to him that we were not Catholic sisters but missionary sisters from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  He smiled softly and said, "I didn't give it for the church, I gave it for Jesus.  You wear His name.  If everyone loved and follow Him it would solve the problems of the world."

We both said "Amen" to that!

No comments: