Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Point

 The day after we got to Utah, we met the Pfiester's at Thanksgiving Point with the Davis and Nordell clans.  I love the above picture of Nathanael and Dutch because it shows how sweet Nathanael was with Dutch the whole time they were together.  Nathanael kind of became Dutch's self appointed guardian and did the job very well.  A little late on that day - when Dutch fell and cut his head upon on the stone floor, Nathanael blamed himself for not watching better.  It was no one's fault.  It was just something that happened.  Thanks to his Uncle Carl, the cut in Dutch's eyebrow is healing beautifully.
 In the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, as you turn a corner you are faced with this 'Mega - Dino Shark'!  There is a scientific name for it - but it is huge and a bit alarming.  I was one of the first to come upon it from our group that day, so I stationed myself and watched my grandchildren come around the corner.  It was funny watching their reactions.  After they got used to it - they loved it and loved posing in front of it - pretending to feed each other to it.  This is Bella, Evie, and Carlye, feeding Dane into the choppers.  You can't see Dane's face but he his laughing.
This is my daughter Pam feeding her niece Evie into the sharks mouth.  You can tell how distressed Evie is.  She is loving every minute of it!  Dutch is standing just in front of them and my grandson Noah is in the right hand corner.  I don't know how many rows of teeth a Great White Shark has but this one had 4 in some places.

No comments: