Friday, April 27, 2012

Personal Trainer

Yesterday I met for the first time with my personal trainer, Karen King.  She is person that helped my lose my weight 5 years ago at Healthy Inspirations.  She became a personal trainer at Sedona, so I rarely saw her and she was always with someone that was paying her big bucks to help them.  I didn't have her as my cheerleader anymore.  Then Sedona closed and I lost her and incentive. 

Last week a sister in our ward invited Clyde and me to attend her sons' art show at their school.  I walked in and saw Karen standing behind the reception desk.  We literally ran into each others arms.  I told her she was an answer to prayers.  We exchanged information and yesterday she came for my first meeting.  She isn't cheap but she is exactly what I need to get me ready for the mission we plan on to go on in 2013.  I need her to help my get into shape so I can even put my papers in.  Right now, as I read over the papers, they wouldn't let me go.  But Karen and I are confident that by January when Clyde and I plan to apply, all will be well.

The thing I always loved about Karen is she never took it as a personal affront if I gained a few pounds but she also didn't make me feel like a failure.  We would just go over my food journal and evaluate what had happened and where my weak times were and what was tripping me up.  As we went over my journal yesterday, we determined I am not getting enough carbohydrates now that I am not eating wheat.  I need to find a way to get some grains into my diet other than the occasional rice dish.  I also need to be exercising more.

I am excited about Karen.  We will see what the next two months bring.  She will also be checking up on me every morning to see how I am progressing.  Karen has been a good friend for years.  It is good to have her back in my corner.

No comments: