Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pedicures

My daughters have gotten me hooked on pedicures.  I usually wait and have them when I visit one of them.  Then we go enmasse and have a mother, daughter(s), granddaughter(s) day and get our toes done.  This last week as I looked at my tired toes with the remnants of the pedicure from last Christmas (I know - pure laziness on my part), I decided to go and get a pedicure at the salon where I get my haircut.  I had won a year's free haircuts anyway - so I was just transferring the money I would have spent from one to the other.  I am so glad I did.  Jen is also a licensed reflexologist.  I usually get up from the station and cannot move - I am so stiff from my arthritis.  I got up from this station and was invigorated.  I have gotten so much done this morning - it is unbelievable.  My knees don't hurt either and there is a front coming in.  My toes look nice with their pale pink polish.  There may not be any nail art on them but they will go with anything I put on until I get them redone.  It was also only the second time I have gotten a pedicure where I could converse with the technician.  We had a wonderful visit.  She was very sensitive to my needs with my ticklish feet and in fact - she saw no need to go where I was particularly ticklish.  It was by far the best experience I have ever had.  After today, I have decided that pedicures are not a frivolous expenditure but a worthwhile investment in health and well being.  Besides for some reason, I have always been vain about my feet and pretty toes are just fun to look at.  (I am vain about so little about myself - it is nice to look at pretty feet.)

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

We didn't get one while we were there. Kind of missed it.

Grandma Bailey said...

That's because I wasn't there to treat you!