Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am so Spoiled

Even though it isn't quite my birthday yet, my sweetheart gave me my birthday present already. It came in the mail yesterday. It is a Bose radio and CD player with a place to put an Ipod if we ever come into the 21st century. It ALMOST equals last years gift but not quite. I am not sure how he will every top my Kindle but I have to admit that this is a pretty close second. Tomorrow is our temple day, so barring illness or foul weather - we will go have lunch and spend the day in the temple to celebrate my actual birthday. It will be so fun because we are dragging MaryAnn and Gary Kohl with us.

Last night at book group, it was hosted at my Visiting Teacher's home. She surprised everyone with a birthday cake for me - a beautiful chocolate torte. I have started back on my diet with zeal but I couldn't disappoint Shirley so I had a piece. I have to admit that even if I don't lose any weight this week - it was worth it. I have wonderful friends and this has already been a fun birthday.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Yea! I am glad you got a cake. I would send one but it would be REALLY gross. When was the last time someone made one just for you?

Grandma Bailey said...

Actually the last two years I have had a cake just for me. Karyn Halverson made me a cake last year for book group and now this year Shirley had one for me. The Ward members spoil me.