Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Girls Bullying Each other

Today is my book blog ordinarily - and I will do that later but right now I am jumping up on my soapbox. I was just listening to the 'Early Show' on CBS and they had a segment about how girls bullying each other and actually out and out fighting is on the rise. Balderdash! It is just being recorded on cellphones and stuck on the internet so it is made public more. I hated going to school because I was alway being beat up (it usually happened a couple of times a year) but no one believed me. It was usually by the most popular girls and the teachers pet - so no one could understand how these sweet innocent girls could possibly be so mean. THEY WERE! It wasn't until after I lived in Ephraim that I realized that school could actually be fun to attend. For that 15 months I never once worried about being hurt while I was at school. Interesting how everywhere else I lived I actually knew I would be punched, kicked and even thrown down stairs for one reason or another. The only peaceful years I had were in 9th grade at Ephraim, my sophomore year at Manti and my Senior year at Heidelberg and that was because I was only taking 2 classes - I was never there.

Girls are mean - especially when they think they can get away with it. I hope and pray that our daughters never took part in bullying and I doubt very seriously that thus far my grandchildren are because it is so horrific to their parents. I just cannot see how parents can condone it or close their eyes to it. If your child gets swept up in it because the other kids are doing it - then pull them aside and teach them Christlike principles. Don't praise them for following the crowd! Think as a parent how much happier you will be if your child grows up following in the ways of Christ and not in the ways of the world. I will now step down from my soapbox.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Don't worry Mom I was never a bully well expect for the day Katie and I bullied some bullys when they were picking on the Tibbs boy. Katie pushed the boys into the locker and I yelled at them!
I hate bullies too! Oh and I agree girls are super mean.

Heidi Noel said...

I was never a bully, either. Except when Ben Brown was spreading rumors about Pam. I never knew I could be so angry. Anyway, I don't regret it.