Friday, September 27, 2013

Gloom, Despair and Agony on me!

...If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.  Gloom despair and agony on me!" 

For any and all that watched 'Hee Haw' in the 70's and early 80's, you will remember this.  The rest of you look it up on YouTube.

We were told last week that visas are a minimum of 5 months now.  There are apparently several reasons for this but the biggest one is that the same amount of people are reviewing visas while the Church is sending twice as many missionaries into Denmark.  We have had people blame Snowden but I am more inclined to think that doubling the missionary force is the biggest problem.  We were hoping we would have our visa by Conference Weekend but it turns out that we didn't apply until the end of May.  We will be lucky if we get into the MTC by Halloween!  I have had a pity party for most of the day.  I need to find a light and a reason for this to be happening and then I will accept it.  I am afraid we won't realize the reason until it is all over. 

Our Danish is coming along.  I find I am more and more thinking in Danish - which would be better if I was doing that in Denmark instead of here where no one understands me.  We are now back at Pam's.  We will stay here at least until the 14th when we will do another week of Danish Immersion.  Hopefully this time we will be well for all of it get even more out than we did last time. 

I had hoped we would go in at least by the time Christina went into the MTC but it looks like she will beat us on her mission by a several weeks at least.

No comments: