Monday, August 18, 2008

Ode to New Recliners

I had to write about the recliners again. I hadn't realized how much I missed the Living Room set we had in Ephraim. These are made by the same company and in the same fabric. If they still made the same color green I would have gotten that but the color green now is hideous. It looks like a nursing babies diaper! So we went with blue. When Dad and I sat in the chairs we immediately loved them but it wasn't until later that I realized why I gravitated to that particular chair. It suddenly conjured memories of your friends coming over to take naps on our couch. It brought back memories of our the family curled up together and lounging all over each other on the couch and loveseat. I know they are being used and loved still. Last Christmas the Bolton's told me how much the still loved that living room set. Pam reminded me yesterday how after Matt Hampton came over you would find a whole bunch a change in the cushions. Anyway, remember how wonderful our couches were and you will know how nice the new recliners are!

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I want couches like that. Someday...Andy and I talk about those about every couple months or so. We are still bitter you didn't let us take them off your hands. ;)

Cari said...

Yeah for new recliners!

Kittie said...

I remember all the cuddling at your house in the living room watching fun movies and just relaxing. Those are some of my favorite memories! I miss you Beckie!!! XO-Kittie Carpenter

P.S. I have forwarded your blog to my Mom(Debbie), she is so excited that I found you and your girls thanks to Pam :)